An incomplete assortment of things I like:
- Ascending really tall buildings in cities to gawk from the top
- Taking photographs from said tall buildings
- Playing with expensive cameras and lenses
- All of the above in one morning
Today I was lucky enough to achieve #4 on that list, as Nikon announced its new D5000 DSLR* in the Paramount private members’ club on the top of Centre Point. It was a bit gloomy outside with lots of cloud, but the views were still great. A handful more are on Flickr; I’ll dig through the rest at the weekend.
* In a nutshell: 720p video, D60-like body, swivelling LCD, no AF motor, 11-point AF, £720 or £800 for the kit. I’ll reserve judgment until I give it a proper try.